ACLB is Connecticut’s library trustee organization representing public library boards throughout the state.
Our mission is to:
- Enable member library boards to improve library services in their communities
- Broaden trustee knowledge of current developments in the library field
- Improve communication and cooperation among library boards
What we do:
- Provide workshops geared to the needs of trustees across the state.
- Sponsor an annual Leadership Conference, an all day training retreat
- Sponsor program(s) at the annual Connecticut Library Association Conference
- Advocate for libraries at the state level
- Maintain strong liaison with library-related organizations on the state and national levels
- Sponsor the Connecticut Trustee Listserv for news and sharing with fellow trustees
- Provide consultant help to library boards and individual trustees
- Develop the WorkingTogether guide to director, trustees and Friends responsibilities
- Publish the ACLB Public Library Trustee Handbook